Lord of Glory Food Pantry
“For the whole law is fulfilled in one word: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'”
Lord of Glory Food Pantry is working to meet the needs in our area.
In 2014, the Lord of Glory Food Pantry provided emergency sustenance to over 24,000 people. On average year to date, the pantry has served approximately 1,800 people each month with 42% being children & senior citizens. Since June 2015, they have been distributing 48 gallons of 1% milk every week.
The pantry currently has no residency restrictions. Clients must register before using the pantry for the first time. An I.D. must be shown with proof of address. Clients may visit the pantry once each calendar week.
Donations are accepted in the way of food and money. For every dollar donated, an average 8 pounds of food can be purchased by the Foundation from the Northern Illinois Food Bank.
The following items are always an on-going need:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly
- Spaghetti & Spaghetti Sauce
- Canned Fruits & Vegetables
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Hamburger Helper
- Dry Cereal & Oatmeal
- Rice & Potatoes
- Canned Tuna
- Canned Soups & Ravioli
- Canned or Dry Beans
Items of the Month are:
- January: Cold and Flu Supplies: tissues, cough drops, or other cold/flu medicines.
- February: cans of soup during the Super Bowl.
- March: Macaroni
- April: Shower products like shampoo, conditioner, soap, back brushes, and loofas.
- July: school supplies to make kits to hand out to school children.
- November: they hand out holiday meals to their clients. The last couple of years they have been able to distribute 150 meals.
The food pantry is open
Tuesdays 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Thursdays 12:30 pm – 2:30 pm
Saturdays 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Ways you can help
- Donate financially to make your dollars go further
- Donate non-perishable foods, paper goods and household and personal care products
- Spread the word: Tell others about the need in Lake County
- Pray for this ministry