Lake County Haven
“Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression;
bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow’s cause.”
Empowering homeless women and their children to achieve permanent, independent living.
The Lake County Haven is a social-service agency dedicated to meeting the needs of homeless women and children. We use education, employment, and life-skills training to help people move from homelessness to independence. Throughout this process, our goal is always the long-term stability and self-sufficiency of each person.
Spring 2022 Wish List
- Paper Towels
- Toilet Paper
- Bottles of Liquid Hand Soap (NO Hand Sanitizer & NO Bar Soap, please)
- Spray Bottles/Cans of Glass Cleaner (e.g., Windex, etc.)
- Powder (only) Laundry Detergent
- Dryer Sheets
- Dusters (e.g., Swiffer & all brands)
- Heavier-Duty Cotton or Microfiber String Mops
- Heavier-Duty Cotton or Microfiber String Mop Head Replacements
- Household Brooms
- Large Garbage Bags (30 Gallon)
- Individual Plastic Shower Caddies With Handles
- Bath Sponges (loofah, etc.)
- Wash Cloths (new)
- Bath Towels (new)
- Bathroom Hand Towels & Kitchen Towels (new)
- Small Bedside Electric Alarm Clocks
- Twin-size Navy, Gray or Black Blankets/adult (new; NO Throws, please)
- Twin-size Navy, Gray or Black Comforters/adult (new)
- Gift Cards: Target, Walmart, Aldi, Walgreens, Jewel, Menards & Visa
Want to do more than just donate material goods? Kitchen Conversations are small gatherings at their main shelter in Libertyville where you can learn about homelessness: what causes it and what can end it. Then, sit with us around the kitchen table as we discuss pressing issues affecting local homeless women and children. Join the discussion of how to end homelessness in our lifetime. Your book club, workplace and other groups are welcome to schedule a special session as well. This 1-hour event is free and open to anyone who is concerned about homelessness.
Ways you can help
- Donate financially or Adopt a Night
- Donate items from their wish list
- Help plan and organize events such as holiday events, our spring fundraiser, and our holiday boutique.
- Offer professional services
- Help out on projects at the shelter
- Jobs that need to be done: Donation Sorters, Grocery Shoppers, Office Help, Drivers, Maintenance, Drop off Dinners
- Participate in the Kind Words Campaign, by entering words of encouragement on their web site.
- Spread the word. Tell others about The Lake County Haven.
- Pray for this ministry.