Veterans (VA) Giving Tree
"Let all that you do be done in love."
The Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center (FHCC) is a first-of-its-kind partnership between the U. S. Department of Veterans Affairs and the Department of Defense (DoD), integrating all medical care into a fully-integrated federal health care facility with a single combined VA and Navy mission.
UPC's VA Giving Tree honors the long-term patients in the rehabilitation wards/houses by granting their Christmas wishes. The instructions are simple: Take a wish tag from the tree and purchase the item(s) listed on the wish tag. Please wrap the item(s) and attach the wish tag as a gift tag on the package. Return the package. You are also invited to join in the gift distribution.
In 2014, UPC provided gifts to 130 veterans. In 2015, UPC provided 110 gifts.
Ways you can help:
- Select one or more wish tags and purchase the gifts requested.
- Donate money to purchase gifts
- Help distribute the gifts at the hospital
- Spread the word “ Invite others to show our veterans that they are not forgotten this Christmas.
- Pray for this ministry, our veterans and their healthcare providers.