"For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead."
Provide love, a sense of security, warmth and comfort to children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need through the gifts of new, handmade blankets and afghans, lovingly created by volunteer "blanketeers.
Project Linus donates blankets to children, infants through teens. Many sizes are appropriate depending on chapter need. For example, blankets could be as small as 36" Ã— 36." The majority of Project Linus blankets are about 40" Ã— 60", or what is called "crib size." Blankets could be as large as twin size for teens.
For more information: Phone: 309-585-0686 projectlinus.org
Midwest Mission Distribution Center & United Methodist Committee on Relief
These 2 organizations are looking for volunteers to make the following items so that they can distribute them to those who in need: School bags & backpacks, layette & hospital gowns, diapers, school desks, sweaters and medicine cabinets. Patterns are available.
Hats, Gloves, Scarves & Blankets for Homeless Veterans
About 12% of the adult homeless population are veterans. 57,849 veterans are homeless on any given night. To help keep them warm, make and donate hats, gloves, scarves & blankets. - Contact Denise Fuller 847-727-1552
Ways you can help:
- If you don't craft, donate financially so others can buy supplies
- Donate yarn, fabric or other craft supplies
- Become a Project Linus blanketeer. Provide new, handmade, washable blankets to be given as gifts to seriously ill and traumatized children, ages 0-18. It is Project Linus' policy to accept blankets of all sizes, depending on local chapter needs. All blanket styles are welcome, including quilts, tied comforters, fleece blankets, crocheted or knitted afghans, and receiving blankets in child-friendly colors. Always remember that blankets must be homemade, washable, free of pins, and come from smoke-free environments due to allergy reasons.
- Help deliver blankets to the hospitals
- Help organize a blanket drive
- Knit, sew, quilt or crochet items for donation
- Craft wooden medicine cabinets or school desks to donate
- Spread the word “ tell other crafters about these ministries
- Pray for these ministries